 General / 4479
Re: Classic Sets (was Cost per piece)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 03:34:27 GMT

dkrenz wrote in message <37561482.83A90F76@mc.net>...

Frank Filz wrote:

The newer "juniorized" sets seem to be running 20 cents a piece. • Freestyle
sets usually run less than 5 cents a piece, and brick buckets run less • than
2 cents a piece. Because of this, I have bought a bunch of Freestyle sets
when the special pieces are mostly usefull to me (though Freestyle sets • and
brick buckets tend to have a higher proportion of 1x1 bricks than general
sets). Note that Freestyle now seems to be called "Classic".

I saw the new Classic buckets and boxes today at Zany Brainy. I don't like • them.
Most of the pieces in the 400 piece bucket ($9.99)were plates.The decent • sized
plates were blue. The other colors were yellow, red and I think white. • There was
1 2x2 med clear slope, 2 1x2 small lt gray ladder, some wheels, one yellow • door,
red slopes and I think I remember seeing a propeller and a small green
baseplate.Whoopee.

While I agree that the 400 pc Classic bucket is in some ways not as good at
the Freestyle tubs I've got, I still like it. I appreciated getting a decent
selection of blue plates. I also liked getting the door in a new color, and
it does have a pair of 1x4x3 windows with mullions and shutters. I also like
the selection of slopes (of the sorting I've been doing so far, its the
major contributor to red slopes).

After checking out the other Classic sets on the shelves, I definitely • prefer
FreeStyle (fun arches, minifig accessories,slopes in a variety of
colors,trees,flowers).

True there are no arches and plants.

If anybody has comments to add to my ramblings, it probably doesn't belong • in
.market, is .general the place to continue?

Julie