 General / 44735
Re: Another short story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:49:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner wrote:
   I did this little tale about a year ago, but never got around to posting it on my site. My son Nick actually came up with the story one day. It was short and coherent, if a little silly, so I wrote it down with the intention of doing it in Lego. When we got some good weather, we went to the back yard and shot it. The original version was a hardcopy that he had in his hands two hours after we started shooting. It’s his favorite book!

Without further ado, I present “Nick and His Dad”:
Nick and His Dad
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/stories/nick01/index.html

   Dude, that is TOTALLY pure, innocent, absolutely entertaining fun. Tell Nick that is a GREAT story. The illustrator’s not bad either ;) I really like the super spinning effect. What are the extents of Super Nick’s powers?

Thanks for the wonderful comments! I will pass on your review of the story.

   I always thought if I had super powers, I’d be able to fly EXTREMELY fast (quantum-slipstream fast if neccessary), be relatively invulnerable with super-healing & immune to poison, be super strong & be able to do multiple directed energy effects (bolts, fields, etc) maybe some gravity effects (it would also explain flying ability). I thought of going with all the 4 fundamental forces (electromagnetism, gravity, strong atomic & weak atomic forces) to have a little matter manipulation.

As for Super Nick’s powers, I’m waiting to find out myself. For now, all I know of is the ability to spin around super-fast (which apparently lends itself to chopping down trees), and to change from a short person to a larger person with a cape. I’m not sure how that stuff works, but it’s all good.

Hey, wait- perhaps the spinning is at qauntum-slipstream speeds, and that causes instability in the tree’s structure...

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com