 General / 44166
44165  |  44167
Subject:
how many pinks ? (was Re: Paramus Park Mall Pick-a-Brick Inventory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:24:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Nate Jacobs wrote:
   Hi all. Visited the Paramus Park Mall Pick-a-Brick location this past weekend. Thought I would post the inventory of the selection. Very Similar to all the others.

-snip-

2 x 3
   Brick
   3002
   Pink

-snip-

Hi Nate -

The pink you mentioned in a few places - is that pink or the dark pink?

If it is the pink (a la Paradisa sets) I may have to take one heck of a road trip.

I’m closer Mark :P ... but not by much :D

I don’t see pink or dk-pink listed at peeron or BL for that brick at all. I do see a few of the 2x3’s in dk-pink, so it must exist, but not in pink AFAIK.

Which leads me to the next question (crossdecking from BL)... when I saw this, I pulled out my 1688 bucket and looked at the inventory label on the side. No pink basic bricks :/ But... there are some door elements, which contain two shades of pink (the frame being lighter pink aka paradisa, and the door itself being darker). The door does not match a 1x1 tap, which came from 5860 Love ‘N’ Lullabies. So, I now have 4 shades of pink here. From palest shade to dark/strongest shade they are...

o The door frame from 1688 (p/n 4130), almost, but not quite matches the 2x4 plate from 4400, very close tho.

o The door from 1688 (p/n 4131), almost looks like a mauve. peeron calls the door dk-pink, but it really doesn’t match the other dk-pinks that I have. It is duller than the other dk-pinks, which I would describe as vibrant.

o The tap from 5860 (p/n 4599), see p/n 6166 on BL for color picture, this matches the 2x2 brick from 4400

o The 2x2 plate from 4400 (p/n 3022), generally referred to as Magenta, but a very strong pink.

Interesting the various shades of pink ...

   Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

Ray