 General / 44071
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:28:33 GMT

Joseph Kazmo <darkkazmo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Well, if the old colors were toxic, unavailable or unfeasible I • understand...
But change it just because they are dull or cosmetically unfit in the eyes • of
the beholders (in this case TLC), I totally disagree and thank God there
are

Whatever next?
Discontinue black, for being too dark?
Stop making bright red, for being too bright?

Grey should be dull.
Black should be dark.
Gold should be shiny.
Brown should be muddy.

Now don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the introduction of new
colours, and am looking forward to getting my hands on the new greys. Just
think of the weathered effect you could create on a
spaceship/castle/cliff-face with a greater variety of greys.

The problem I have is with the SUDDEN phasing out of the classic earth
colours.
As others have pointed out, the new colours are too bright/too blue to
effectively represent concrete etc. on their own.
Will all future x-large baseplates be ashen coloured, and harbours be
gun-metal?
What about the next run of orient-expedition elephants?
How will the Legoland Modelmakers handle repairs to multi-million piece
models when they can no longer colour-match the bricks?

David Till, 27