 General / 43936
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:24:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ryan Rubino wrote:
I'm seriously disillusioned with TLC most recent marketing choices!What will
the hobbyist lose in 05? The mini-fig to be replaced by some larger more
articulated action figure????

Why wait until 2005? Here are the new castle figures we heard so much about:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Griggy55/Set-images/knights.jpg>>

Isn't that great! I bet they did a lot of market research on this decision
too. Wow, I just love TLC.  They make such great stuff.

These knights aren't a replacement for the castle theme.  We haven't heard much,
if anything, about castle figures in 2004.  If you are referring to what Brad
said at Lego World there simply was not "much" there at all.  Nothing that could
be referred to as the "new castle figures we heard so much about".

In the 2003 holiday catalog we have no fewer than 8 major castle sets available
for purchase.

4709, 4730, 4729, 4728, 10039, 10000, 3739, 7419

In addition to those you have 4719, 4726, 10066, 4731, 4735, 7413, 7418, 7412,
and 7417 which are all filled with castle pieces of all sorts.  Has there been a
year in the past when there were so many castle sets available at the same time?

The Galidor Knights will either succeed or fail.  The Galidor line failed.  It
didn't stop TLC from producing 10029, 7470, 10123, 4483, all the world city
sets, 4094, 4099, 4101, 8455, 4403, 4402, 4404, or 4400.  2003 is arguably the
best year for LEGO sets in a very long time.

John Hansen