 General / 43909
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:40:14 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

   Color Modifications

As has been pointed out, there have been some modifications to the color palette. This was done with a great deal of consideration, and for a couple of very good reasons.

1. LEGO is known for having a bright, sharp color palette. As you can tell from the photo that Joe Meno posted (http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=43553) some of the old colors (like light and dark gray) are fairly “muddy” and dull. In addition to consumer feedback pointing this out – and not positively – we didn’t like the “muddiness” either, and looked for a solution to make all the LEGO colors “fit”. Check that picture from Joe again; you can clearly see how much nicer the new colors look. These new colors are brighter and sharper and more consistent with the primary palette for which the LEGO Brand is known.

Hey Jake -

Look, I know you, I respect you -- but you sound like a used car salesman there. I know you are just telling us the already-made decisions so its not your fault. You did a good job at trying to put a positive spin on the news.

But you have to forgive me if I totally disagree with the line of thinking Lego has on this. Grey and dark grey IS a muddy color. The “dark grey” you (Lego) is making now is not dark grey! And IMHO the new grey are more dull than what they replaced.

As I am very and truly deeply saddened at this path Lego has gone on I know one day I will get over it, I guess I have to.

But really - I do not see why the old versins of these colors could not still be made at least for a year or so and offered at S@H and PAB locations - this would allow the upset people a chance to get thier fill of the old colors.

Can you please pass this along to the people that could make this happen?

Thanks Jake!

Mark P http://www.landofbricks.com