 General / 43875
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:42:28 GMT

Hey,

do you remember someone who stockpiled Coke in 1985?

I had a neighbor whose parents complained of migraines if they didn't get their
bottle of Coke. So, prior to the switchover to Coke II the garage was stuffed to
the gills with Coke, so that the Delorean didn't fit inside. (Actually the
Delorean was later, but it was nice to recall.)

Go get them gray bricks and blue tubs... park yer Delorean on the street.

From an article:
Coca-Cola consumers were asked  a long series of questions about what their
reactions to such a change would  be.  Would you be upset?  Would you try the
new drink?  Would you switch brands  immediately?  "We estimated from the
response that 10%-12% of exclusive Coke  drinkers would be upset, and that half
of those would get over it, but half  wouldn't."

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thomassheils/newcoke.htm

Not that I believe it's analogous.

-Erik