 General / 43668
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:32:39 GMT

Hello Jake,

Thanks for your detailed answer on this hot topic!

[Stud changes and part/material quality]

I have verified from three different internal sources that NO changes have
been made to the studs. They are the same studs we know and love. This makes
sense, considering that redesigning the studs on all parts we produce would
be an overwhelming and consuming expense (not to mention unnecessary).

(great relief sigh!) - though I really doubted that LEGO could modify such a
cornerstone of the building ;o)

1. LEGO is known for having a bright, sharp color palette. As you can tell
from the photo that Joe Meno posted
(<http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=43553>) some of the old colors (like
light and dark gray) are fairly "muddy" and dull.

It would be really great if the new colors came with some "anti-ageing" additive
so that colors remain vivid!

Philo