 General / 43549
Re: What part is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:35:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Thorn wrote:
   At 11:29 AM 11/14/2003, you wrote:
   Hi Everyone (first post)

I’m hoping that this is an appropriate group to pose this question.

I have a couple of what appears to be a flexible trailer hitches. The part consists of 2 2x2 flat plates connected via a thin somewhat flexible section. its all one piece and is white.

Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of it. Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Malcolm,

I have three of these and while I am not certain, instinct tells me these are for train systems.

If no-one else knows what we’re talking about, I can post a picture somewhere.

I have a few of these, too. They were made in the 1960s, and look like this:

650 Hinge Coupling-Nylon

I’ve colored it completely white there, but it’s really more of a translucent white. The LDraw color code is 62 or 63 (LUGNET can’t display those). Here’s a picture from Peeron:

They came in sets with the really old wheels. Here’s the Peeron page about it:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/650