 General / 43430
Re: Is it the End of Creations Rotule's website ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:13:24 GMT

I'm forwarding this to general for more exposure.

In lugnet.publish, Terry Prosper wrote:
Hi folks
http://www.rotule.qc.ca
I'm basically asking you people if I should maintain my website for the
community or not.  Over the years, my website has had many different
orientations until I finally fount its true calling: humour, posters and of
course, the Minifig Hall of Fame.  I had other features in progress, but
everything is on pause since I question the interest of the community in such a
website.

I get quite a few votes a month for the Minifig Hall of fame, but nothing close
to what I expected in the first place.  I thought the LEGO community was more
attached to those ittle men and women since they are one of the most popular
products on BrickLink.

As for the Humor section, I have a few regular visitors, some of who post their
contribution on a weekly basis, but again, it's not enough.  I thought it could
bring more attention to the website.  I personnally visit TheForce.net only for
the humor section.  Maybe the concept is good but the jokes are not funny
enough?  (well, if it's what you think, participate damnit!  It's a
community-based feature.)

As for the Posters, they're half mine, the other half coming from a contest I
did last year and some from users that sent me their work over the last year.
It's far, very far, from the reaction I expected.  I honestly thought that more
people would be interested in this.  My mistake.

So anyway, my website will be closing in december (end of contract) and I'm not
completely sure if I'll pay again to have another website.  I would if I
thought
people gave a amn, but I'm left with the impression that nobody really cares,
that if I didn't keep the website up, it wouldn't be missed.  Oh, it's not the
end of the world, but I prefer to know before I pay for another year, make
publicity to inform everyone of the new URL, put hours into it to move it.

So let me know your honest reaction.  Do you care?  Did you ever visit my
website?  Is there only one thing that you'd care bout on my website and which
one?

I'll likely keep the MHoF running on some free host if I don'T keep the website
open.  Keep in mind that maintaining a website is a lot of work, especially at
the beginning of each month.

I'm waiting for your comments.  I'll take my final decision in a few days,
maybe
2 weeks or so.

Terry
http://www.rotule.qc.ca