 General / 43398
  Re: Web Host Concept

(...) Why equally split? Suppose I have a high traffic site that hosts movies and therefore consumes lots of bandwidth. Why should I get to pay the same as some guy who hosts a few highly compressed gifs and doesn't get a lot of traffic. Very unfair (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Web Host Concept

At 10:46 AM 10/31/2003, Larry Spoke Thus: (...) Yes. BUT... If the payment was done on a resource-consumption basis, the guy like you that chokes out a gigabyte or two of bandwidth each month would be paying much, much more than the small price you (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Web Host Concept

(...) That's my exact point. It is not fair for me to get something for nothing. Not fair to everyone else who is now paying MORE than they ought to have to. Either you get this concept, or you don't. In this scheme, you are setting yourself up for (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Web Host Concept

(...) Well, then, in that case...can we agree to disagree? :) If you want to carry on privately that's fine but I don't really want to start a debate. You see the system as unfair, I ask "who wouldn't pass up hosting that starts at $4 and only gets (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Web Host Concept

(...) Na, it's more than a mere difference of opinion. You're setting yourself up for failure. You may not care about that and that's your perogative but I prefer to give my business to outfits that I think have enough of a grasp of economics that (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Web Host Concept

Sure, with that kind of thoughts, we are going forward a s a society! Why bother trying something new when we can give our money to huge companies that already have al we need? Heck, why bother risking a few bucks a month when I can throw my money (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish)