 General / 43366
43365  |  43367
Subject:
Ultimate Electronics Store Sells LEGO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:23:37 GMT

Last night I went to the new Ultimate Electronics store. It isn’t scheduled to
open until 10/31/03 but for some reason they opened early. I was expecting
this chain store to offer a high quality line of audio and video gear, but I was
completely surprised when I entered the store. Instead of a wall of TVs and
a speaker demo room the store was filled with athletic apparel. I was blown
away by the quantity of socks that were for sale. I took a quick walk through
the store but was disappointed by the lack of electronics. I probably need to
weren’t supposed to be open until Friday. It was readily apparent that Ultimate
Electronics had nothing to offer me and I headed toward the door. On the way
out something caught my eye. No, it couldn’t be. Is that a, gasp, Lego box?
There were two sealed Lego sets on the counter and one on the floor. I
examined the boxes and was not overly familiar with the set names. One
was called “Journey Through the Desert”. They did not have set numbers
but the LEGO logo was clearly visible on the box and on the studs as well.
By the way, these boxes were huge–probably Star Destroyer size. I was
ready to buy all three as the prices were greatly discounted. But sadly,
there was a sticker on each box that said SOLD. I found an employee
and asked about this. While she went to talk to her manager I turned
around and discovered an entire aisle of LEGO products! I don’t know how
I missed it earlier; the tube socks must have distracted me. Many of the
sets were older and I think they were mostly Castle and Dark Forest or
Forestmen related. They had tons of these. This was the secret stash you
hear about from time to time. Unfortunately the prices were too high. I looked
over my shoulder as the employee returned to share her manager’s insight.
She told me that bla bla bla bla. And then I woke up.