 General / 43350
Re: Emplacing a gem onto a minifig torso
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 03:00:03 GMT

Ahui,

I would tend to say that any jeweler should be able to handle it.  Basically, you
want to bore a hole in the torso, push an earring into it, bend the pin of the
earring over to lock it in, and probably also epoxy it in place.

The skill will come in shaping the hole to make it look as natural as possible.

As a bonus, you could probably get Rob to mount a white LED inside the torso so that
you could remotely attach a battery to it to light the gem up ;-)

Ahui Herrera wrote:

I am wonder if anyone has attempted to place any type of gem onto a torso of a
minfig? I would image that you would need to fill the torso with something so
that when you place the gem on the torso it won't fall off. =)

Is anyone here capable of doing such a job?  Does anyone want to try for me, I'm
willing to pay for this service? If so, please contact me DIRECTLY via email.
Thanks,

-AHui

A&M LWorks

<http://www.geocities.com/jedi_agh/