 General / 43328
43327  |  43329
Subject:
A mighty mini molded mouse MOC I made many months ago
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:19:57 GMT

I made this creation specifically for the LEGO “What will you make?” Roadshow Dallas event.

I was given the task of creating new designs from one of the designer sets, and the set assigned to me was the 4101 Wild Creatures collection.

Since I was assigned the Wild Creatures set, I decided my best choice would be to come up with new creatures.

I came up with four, but only one IMO is worth mentioning. The other three were a Praying Mantis, a Squid/Octopus, and a bug of no particular species.

However, the fourth one, the one I’m most proud of, is a brown and black Mouse. My father described it as the type of mouse you’d see in a Pink Panther cartoon. My fiancee’ thinks its really cute. However, I haven’t posted it till now cause frankly I didn’t think it was really worth posting, but Mookie wanted pictures of it up close so I figured what the heck.

The Mouse is made entirely out of parts found only in the 4101 Wild Creatures set. The little triangle of yellow (supposed to be cheese) is just some parts I pulled out of a bucket, and I don’t think they come in the set. Anyway, here are some pics:

Mouse 1
Mouse 2
Mouse 3

Only the Praying Mantis still exists out of the other three MOCs I made, but here is a picture from the roadshow with all four:

Dallas Roadshow Pic 1
Dallas Roadshow Pic 2

So there you go.

--Anthony