 General / 43260
Re: Ozbricks down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:39:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Hi all,

It looks like all of the ozbricks.net sites, including mine, are down.  I was
just able to access my site by FTP, but not via a web browser.  Ozbricks.com
sites appear to be working.  I know that the ozbricks.net is on another server
that they contract out.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Wow.. this question seems to be asked monthly.

Ozbricks.net has a bandwidth limit issue.  All ozbricks.net sites share their
bandwidth, and when o.n runs out - it shuts down till the end of the month.  as
websites get more popular, are slash-dotted, or otherwise get a bunch of
bandwidth, it falls quicker each month.  But this is the first time I've heard
of oz.net falling in the first half of the month.  wow.

I'd recommend getting your own site, or changing site provider.

-lenny