 General / 43171
43170  |  43172
Subject:
Event Kit clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:38:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Wow! We're running close to the end of the event kits. They seem to have been
very well received.

I've had a few questions about what some of the materials were meant to be used
for. Please allow me to clarify.

Overall, the event kit is meant to be used to help you put on events for the
public. Does your club have a few people who want to put on a building event
separate from a big Train layout or MOC display? Do  you want to add a public
building area to your display? These things are great uses of the Event kit.

Some of the items can help "dress up" your display.

- Large Standees: Meant to help mark your display in crowded rooms. Helps draw
attention your way.

- Bricks: Use them for the public to get their hands on bricks, like you would
use a K8. These bricks are solely from the new Designer sets, which means that
when someone comes up and says "this is great! Where can I buy more?", you can
point them to their local toy store, rather than saying "I'm not sure...".

- Two-sided cards: Instead of putting the bricks on the floor, or in a cardboard
box, you can put them into blue tubs. Stick these cards in the tubs to help
dress them up.

- T-shirts and buttons: Give them to your club members to help them look stylin.

- Book Covers and Sticker sheets: Make a kid's day! Give them out!

I think that's it, and I'm sure you get the idea. The purpose of these kits
really comes down to helping you get out in the public and look good doing it.

Thanks!
Jake
---
Jake McKee