 General / 43148
Re: Newbie information? (was Re: Kicking the Brick with: Paul Hartzog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 05:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richie Dulin wrote:
   But, hey, I’m not out of pocket, so I guess it shouldn’t concern me. But surely, it concerns a few people out there... weren’t there hundred’s of charter subscribers after all? Do they not mind losing their money?

And yes: I accept that my views are the views of one cynical antipodean. I do not claim to speak on anyone’s behalf, other than my own. I just can’t understand why so few people seem care - or - on the other hand, why people are happy to simply forgive and forget (or simply “sweep it under the carpet”).

OK, I’m out some money from this whole thing...an amount that would be a lot to some, and trivial to others. But if you let money get you upset about anything, then you’re going to have a sad, pathetic life.

The value of the money that I lost pales in comparison to the value of the friendship that I once had.

And while “forgive and forget” is nice, the real axiom to live by is “get over it.” Dwelling on the past--and negative past experiences, at that--does no good. Far better to focus on the reasons for living...

Derek