 General / 43114
43113  |  43115
Subject:
What was the story with Bricks Magazine (was Re: Newbie information?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:21:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
   Richie, you have taken a good hearted discussion and said something distasteful and have missed the point by so far, I feel I must say something on behalf of the friendship I have with Tim.

You will never know how insulting your words are.

You are correct. I do not know. However, I do not know the full story, because that story has not been given.

   Tim had and has a vision, a vision that he is still trying to attain and bring others in to seeing, even though he has had to start over. A vision that was dashed when Matt Gerber disapeared with $5000.

You see, I did not know that. Now I do, but I would not have known that had you not just posted it (out of interest has that allegation been made on LUGNET before? I knew Matt had ‘disapeared’, but I did not know there was (so much) cash involved.)

   Its a joke after saying something so cruel, you would actually put your links at the bottom of your post inviting people to see what you have made. Who would care after such a callus comment.

Then I will not put them after this post.

   Remember one thing, Tim is here trying to engage people. Matt Gerber isn’t. Tim held a meeting at Brick Fest that had such energy and empathy that the room of people shared a harmony that was almost undescribeable.

That may be true... but there has been next to no public knowledge of what has gone on.

   You want the dirt on Brick Media, you don’t deserve it, if you were cool about it maybe someone would tell you.

I don’t want ‘the dirt’, I’d just like ‘the truth’. But maybe I don’t deserve the truth.

As I asked once before, why the secrecy? What - now you have to be cool enough to be told things? I hear about this ‘community’ but I see information given out on a ‘we think you need to know’ basis.

   Fact is what Matt did to Tim is so wrong he can’t even stomach discussing it.

Then, maybe one of those ‘cool enough’ people would care to tell me. But then I’m not cool enough to know, am I?

   Leave him alone and have some faith that Tim wants to retain some dignity. He should not have to fathom why Matt did what he did. Tim was one of the most affected, more so than you will ever know.

Lastly, I started this sub thread. The whole aim of your post is unwelcome. Granted people deserve some answers don’t force Tim to guess at why Matt took off. He honestly doesn’t know.

Has it been confirmed publicly that Matt took off? You’ve alleged that Matt took $5000 with him, that would appear to be a not insignificant amount - it’s surprising that ‘the community’ hasn’t heard (or demanded) details.

   You oughta be ashamed at the amount of sour grapes you just tossed into what was intended to be a postive post.

Sour grapes? I know the expression, but I don’t see its relevence here.

Adieu

Richie Dulin