 General / 43083
43082  |  43084
Subject:
Removing ink and some weird marks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:13:08 GMT

Hello,

I’ve just received one of these in pretty bad shape:

There is a big ink blob in one corner that I intend to clean up, but without damaging the painted pattern on the baseplate; also, a number of unidentifiable marks (similar to rubber skid marks, but almost carved in the plastic) criss-cross the baseplate and make it look old - what can these be, and how can they be erased?

What would be the best option for a cleaning fluid, in your oppinion? Water + regular soap + toothbrush, my usual combination for cleaning, has not worked a bit, and I’m afraid to use alcohol (that may erase the pattern). Have you tested other stuff and became pleased with the result?

TIA,

Pedro

(please XFUT to where you think this belongs)