 General / 42807
42806  |  42808
Subject:
Oops! 4402 "Motion Madness" on Store Shelves -- He He He
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:18:20 GMT

Stopped by a Target this morning and they had three boxes of 4402 Sea Riders and all of them said “Motion Madness” on them, just like this picture from the shop at home website:

I had assumed this was just a web-site production mistake, but it looks like it made it all the way to store shelves. I had to laugh when I saw it. Despite some of the complaints I’ve read around here I still think TLC’s quality control is excellent. But hey, nobody’s perfect! This box flub amuses me because it goes to show that these things happen even to the best of ‘em.

Call it what you want, 4402 looks like a cool set and I hope to get it once I’ve got the cash available.

I wonder how many boxes were shipped this way. It’s physically impossible for me to buy a LEGO set and not tear it open and build it (even if I’ve got more than one), but if someone out there likes to collect these things to keep them sealed up as collectors items, this might be a good “rare edition” set to grab. Then again, if this mistake made it all the way to a Target in NJ, I doubt it’s rare and there’s probably 100,000 of them done this way all over the world.

Cheers, Paul D.