 General / 42463
Re: PDA or phone # for lego set prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Schilling wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera wrote:
x-posting to annouce in the hopes of hitting a larger crowd to see if anyone
knows what I am talking about.  -Ahui

In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera wrote:
Sone time ago, perhaps 1 - 2years ago someone posted a phone number (1-800) and
I think a website where people with PDAs or a cellphone could call and use an
automated system to get the retail price for lego sets.

Does anyone know what I am talking about or where the lugnet original post is
at.  I have tried to seacrh for it but have had no luck. =(

Yeah, you're probably talking about this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1557

I don't know if the system is still up, though.

Neat thing.

I have downloaded the set listings from Lugnet:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/list/

Then I edited away all info I did not need and reformatted the whole thing. It's
now chopped up into smaller memos in my Palm and using the search function I can
easily find out how many pieces the set contains [1] and US retail. Of course
this fails if I don't have the Palm with me but it's more likely the cell phone
is left behind (hate those).

1. The part count is not printed on boxes in Sweden like it is in the US.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe