 General / 42437
Re: The Matrix Reloaded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 04:02:25 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Brian Sanchez wrote:
   i don’t know if you’ve seen the “animatrix” DvD, but i’m thinking that perhaps the mechs you see in the film “Reloaded” are stripped down versions of the mechs you see in the “Second Renaissance: Part II” on the “animatrix” DvD. it looks like the movie mechs are simply the frame without any of the armor or weapons.

I don’t believe so. The Animatrix mecha seemed like they were much smaller (about 10’ tall at most), and the Reloaded mecha had long bars attached to the arms that looked like cannons of some sort, but in 2R.2 they had fat little gatling gun pods. Also, from the “Help me” scene, it’s pretty obvious that the pilots arms and legs are actually inserted into the mecha’s arms and legs, where the pilots in the Reloaded mecha seemed like they were fully contained within the torso.

Also, while some of the 2R.1 commentary mentions that they were asked to keep the early robot designs fairly close to the one first shown in some Matrix-related comic book, there was no mention of anything of the sort between the 2R.2 mecha and the Reloaded mecha.