 General / 41851
41850  |  41852
Subject:
2003 Catalog gushings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:18:41 GMT

Hey all,

Just picked up two copies of # 4098 High Flyers and the parts are awesome.
These sets also contained a 2003 catalog.  Lots of famliar images, but the
pictures give a much better look at some of the awesome parts and colors
we'll be getting.  The catalog layout is quite a departure when it comes to
the Designer sets and the new Police and Trains sets.  These pages are much
less visually cluttered and really give you a much clearer of what the sets
actually contain.

On page 9 the three new Model Team-style sets are pictured.  If these sets
aren't Model Team, they look absolutely fantastic anway!  The new parts and
the color selection is awesome.  I'm planning on getting at least two of
each.  In all three of these sets, the new curved extreme low-slope pieces
and wedges are bustin' out all over!  Man, I can't wait!

Page 24 has the new Train and Police sets.  The small pictures of the train
sets really don't give enough resolution to pick out particular parts, but
it looks like trans-smoke has become the glass color of the year, and I
couldn't be happier.  It appears that the train station and the police
station have the new curved castle wall pieces in trans-black, as well as
6-wide windshields, 1x2x2 and 1x4x3 thin-walls, an inverse version of the
new 6-wide curved cockpit piece (from the Alpa Team underwater sets), 1x2x5
bricks, and the 1x4x5 inverse windscreen.

The train station is most notable as it contains a fantastic new piece: a
revolving door! It looks to be 8 studs wide and I can't tell if it has three
or four panels, but it's gray with trans-black glass.

*must breath*

I apolgize if some of my part descriptions are unclear, but man oh man, it's
gonna be a great summer!  I'm also sorry that I don't have a scanner, but
I'm sure someone will post this soon!

Dave