 General / 41797
Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:40:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Over the better part of the last year, I've done a lot of thinking about the
LEGO hobby and the LEGO community, trying to develop a philosophy on it
which I use to channel my efforts, energies, and interactions. I'm
interested in hearing others' thoughts on the LEGO community.

Particularly - what do you think the LEGO community includes? what does it
exclude?

The Community Development team (the team I am on), spent some time looking
at this same question. As you can imagine, we get LOTS of questions
internally about "What is community anyway?" To address that question, we
developed a generic Community Definition, as well as the LEGO specific
version. Love to hear some feedback!

[sniiiiiiiiiiip]

That's our stab at a definition of community! What do you think?

WOW. This is really cool!

I wish I had time to reply inline to some of the stuff you came up with. I
think this is a great definition, and I'm glad you posted it.

-Tim