 General / 41725
41724  |  41726
Subject:
Yesterdays garbage, tomorrows finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:07:43 GMT

I just opened and build the Town Junior Fire Station, 6478 - and to my big
surprice I didn't find it as repelling as I thought I would. Why? Well,
maybe because the Jack Stone Fire Station is so much worse!
This set me wondering, if we are too quick to dismiss the value of new sets.
How was the Grey Castle 6080 received 20 years ago? I mean, here was a
castle made primarily of big specialized elements (the castle walls COULD be
build of normal bricks, you know). How many ratings on this set do we have
from the 80'es?
The grey castle gave us castle walls, Town Junior gave us big windows,
skylights and trikes, and Jack Stone gave us...uh...well, I'll tell you in a
couple of years!
By the way, I also opened and assembled Divers Yellow Sub 6442 - big
specialized pieces, but Oh how I love that set!!

Arne, Copenhagen