 General / 4160
Re: LEGO Sears Tower @ Chicago O'Hare Airport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 03:09:39 GMT

I am already back home.  Wouldn't you know that one of the last things I did
before I left this morning was take my digital camera out of my bag before I
went to Chicago.  So, no pictures this time but I go through O'Hare
frequently enough (at least once every month or two) so the next time I will
take the camera with me.

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

John DiRienzo wrote in message ...
  This sounds terrific, Mike.  I wish you had taken a pic, as I try to
avoid O'Hare, and since I am in Saint Louis, its easy to do.  Maybe on your
way back, I hope?

--

  Have fun!

John ( jdiri14897@email.msn.com ) remove NOSPAM:
John's Lego Web Trade Page:
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m
Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
I had to go to a meeting at O'Hare Airport (Chicago) today.  When in • O'Hare
I never venture out of the the American Airlines terminal complex but • today
I was with my boss, a diehard Continental flyer.  He needed to change his
flight so we wondered over to the "F" Concourse where Continental resides.
There is a play area for kids in the entry of the F Councourse which has • in
it, a LEGO model of the Sears Tower!  It is huge.  It sits up on a Duplo
play table of sorts so it is about three feet off the floor.  It must be • at
least eight feet tall (almost three meters) and made almost entirely out • of
black and clear bricks.  My boss humored me while I checked it out.

Next time your in O'Hare and have some time to kill, check it out.  It is
impressive.