 General / 41547
41546  |  41548
Subject:
Split and partial World LUG Map maintenance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:49:00 GMT

Hello all,

What's the current status of the World LUG Map maintenance ?

In tread  http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1980  Eric Kingsley announced
he was looking for persons to take over this job from him, and there were
several positive reactions. But it has gone awfully quiet since then.

A quick recap, what as I believe has been spoken out so far:

-John Neal offered to take care of the LTC maps.
-Simon Bennett offered to take care of both European maps
-Eric Kingsley eventually offered to keep taking care of a single map
(I assume that he ment the North America LUG map ?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hereby I declare that I'm willing to take care of the LUG maps for Africa,
Asia, Australia/Oceania, Middle East and South America. Together with the
commitments above, this would cover all the maps.
I know a bit of HTLM, someone only has to give me a smalll crash-course how
to make those oddly shaped clickable regions, please.

I hope this way we soon can re-establish propper maintenance of the map
again, outside North America the UK LUG (now Brickish Assoiciation), the
North British Lego Train Club and the East Japan Lego Train Club are very
much in need of a well deserved update.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.