 General / 41347
41346  |  41348
Subject:
Found a strange part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:36:49 GMT

I received a bulk pack I got off of eBay over the weekend.  It's
technic stuff and this part is a technic part, but I can't find it on
peeron.com

It's a two piece set.  The first part is a long 1 stud wide strip with
dips in it that gear teeth fit in.  It looks to be about 16 studs
long.  The second part looks about 2 x 4 x 3 in size, with a cutout
that fits the longer strip.  It has an 8 tooth gear that runs along
the strip, a short axle off one side, and an axle hole on the other.
The strip is intended to go through this piece in one of two
orientations.  I note that the studs on the 2 x 4 x 3 part are hollow,
not solid.  One the bottom are the two numbers 2426 and 2427.  I know
it's Lego as opposed to imitation since it's got Lego stamped on it.

Anybody know what this piece is?

Thanks.