 General / 4122
Re: Rock Raiders out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 04:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert Brunskill writes:
I found three of the Rock Raider sets at a local TRU (South Hills,
Pittsburgh, PA).

4970

I didn't pick up this set yet. It only has one figure, who has a pretty
weird grin. Semi-insane... Looks like a lot more BURP-heavy.

A final amusing side note:

All of these Rock Raider figures talk in bad Australian accents.

Rob

I found the same three sets at my local TRU.  Unfortunately you are correct
about 4970 Chrome Crusher.  The set seems to be far too juniorized.  The main
base of the vehicle is a large plate that has bricks with side pegs for the
four wheels permanently molded into one piece.  It also comes with the "laser"
pointer that was discussed in detail after the new catalogs came out last
winter.  It is not a laser and it won't be causing any eye damage as I
couldn't resist shining it into my eyes to test the theory. Except for the
blurred vision and the dark spots that don't seem to be disappearing I haven't
noticed any eye damage (JK). It has a very unfocused beam and doesn't shoot
light very far, however if you put a transparent antennae or cone on the light
they glow quite nicely.  I only wish the light source were the size of a
lightsaber handle, it would be really cool if the new Star Wars sets could use
a transparent antennae to creat "real" minifig lightsabers.

Tom