 General / 41063
Re: The LEGO Maniacs Webring Lives!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
Orion,

It is stupid for you to spam people in soliciting them to join the webring.
I find it offensive that you have a spam blocker in your email address on
LUGNET (bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com) but spam me. Frankly, the email I
received from you has convinced me to NOT JOIN. I am also going to encourage
all my friends to do the same as well.

Relax, dude.
It's not like he's spamming you to look at his ebay auctions, or buy LEGO
from him. He's simply asking if you'd like to participate in a fun community
project.

I passed the ring off so others could enjoy it, after my enjoyment of it
died. I see this as a reflection of Orion's enthusiasm at his new project.
Maybe there's a better approach? But, please, see it for what it is. I
prefer a narrower definition of spam - unsolicited email for commercial
purposes, or useless and often inaccurate email chains and forwards. That
stuff I loathe, not this. But, YMMV.

Please don't extend your bitterness towards a fun, innocent community
project such as this.

Thanks.

-Tim