 General / 40765
Re: Wow... check out this parade float!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Stéphane Simard writes:
I got this from someone posting at the forums of a game site. (Thanks Darth
Mawl)

That must have taken FOREVER to build. Probably glued, too.

http://www.charismafloats.com/images/Lego.jpg

I'm guessing but that looks like a Rose Parade float. If it is, it's done
with plant fibers (flower petals, leaves, beans, roots, whatever has the
right color and texture) as the outside surface and is almost certainly glued.

Pasadena, CA (home of the Rose Bowl(tm)) is not THAT far from Carlsbad, CA.

Would be interested to know for sure. But I'm betting I am right... I
googled and came up with:

http://www.charismafloats.com/clientele.htm
http://www.charismafloats.com/philosophy.htm
http://www.charismafloats.com/paradeinfo.html

I think they only do Rose Parade floats.