 General / 40066
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:42:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kyle Keppler writes:
Well, there are 4 reasons I've been lurking and rarely posting lately:

1) I myself am having a fair amount of builders block right now.. Havn't
built much at all recently. Last complete model was 4 or so months ago.

2) The new mocs I see these days seem to be a lot alike. They dont entice me
to see more or study the images thouroghly.

3) The fact that at least 50% of the mocs are posted only to brickshelf. We
all love Bshelf, but it has become unbearably sloooooow. I for one cant
stand to wait for more than one or two images to load these days. I may be
spoiled from my dsl, but pics that load quickly get closer attention from me...

4) And LUGNET is not the only place to communicate with other people about
lego... So some discussion has moved ot other means, email, IM, etc...

5) Bad pictures. I know it's hard to take good pictures but if the focus is set
a meter behind the MOC you should really take new ones before you post.

I'm trying to be the one to respond to MOC's in .technic, like Eric Sophie is
the one in .build.mecha (and a whole lot of places - good shap), but
combinations of low bandwith and bad photos get's my attention dropping. The
MOC needs to be _really_ cool for me to endure in those conditions. I realize
some might not afford a good camera, but a sheet as backdropping and some
lights should be in any household...

Some times I imagine people who don't recognize a posters name pay less
attention, I -for one- like new names beacuse that means my hobby is getting a
wider audience.

Uhm. Enough rambling...

/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu