 General / 3984
3983  |  3985
Subject:
Thoughts on 5956 and SW bucket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 03:27:16 GMT

   Hi, all-

   With all of this talk about buckets and bucket
   cancelling, I'd like to advance the idea that a
   SW "bucket" would have been like the "Treasure
   Raiders" set (with the mummy case bonus) or,
   referring to the subject: line, like 5956 in the "new"
   Adventurers set.

   I haven't seen anyone mention it, but it seems
   obvious that the rigid airship (it's not a blimp--
   it's got defined ribbing) gasbag is actually a
   *bucket*--the bottom of the standing bucket
   (the fins) is the "lid" that is unscrewed to extract
   the pieces (notice the lip about 20% from the tail
   that screams "lid").  This does make me wonder
   if the stickers will be optional or already applied,
   and if it will be in a cardboard backer *or* if
   it will simply be a grey bomb on the shelf.  ;)

   So...is this a "bucket" or is this not a "bucket,"
   in name or in fact?  Might the SW "bucket" have
   been in this style?

   -LFB.