 General / 3971
Re: Sith Infiltrator Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 17:41:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:
Finally opened this set and checked it out.  I have a possible explanation
for what happened with the Sith Infiltrator.  The biggest problem seems to be
the width of the nose.  It looks like they made it wider to increase play
value.  With the wider nose, there is room for Darth's double bladed light
saber and those black bombs,droids or whatever they are (1x1 bloated rounds
with antennas on top).  So they sacrificed realism for playability.  Sound
feasible.

Although I was probably one of the first to critisize the Infiltrator when I
finally got to see a picture, now that I have built the model I think I will
have to at least partially retract my critisizm.  I am not saying that it is a
great set but I think the picture on the box is awful and seriously detracts
from the built model.  Out of a rating from 1 to 5 I think I am going to
upgrade my rating to a 3.  The pieces are great with all the gray and dkgray
and when the model has all its compartments closed and the wings opened about 1
click more I think it looks OK.

Eric

Visit me at-

My Web Site:  http://www.geocities.com:80/Area51/Shuttle/4598

It's ripe to convert into a regular TIE fighter though.

Ben

In lugnet.starwars, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
I'm a little disappointed.. when I watched the trailer.. I saw this
ship.. and said I want that one.. and when I built it.. it doesn't
really look as sleek at the one in the trailer.. also I think it should
have been darker.. unless the ship in the trailer wasn't really this
one.. just one like it..<snip>
Tamy