 General / 39609
    Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —John Neal
   (...) Yeah, how about a $10 annual membership fee? With over 10,000 Brickshelf members, I'm sure Kevin would be able to get a nice, fat pipe and be able to manage it full time. -John (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —David Eaton
     (...) How about a $10 annual membership fee for "gold" members? Perhaps "gold" members' uploaded pictures & folders get moderated instantly? Maybe their folders get *marked* as unmoderated, but are displayed anyway. Hence, they still go through the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Brian Tobin
   (...) I'd pay $10 per year IN A HEARTBEAT, especially if it could help avoid advertisments. With the amount of pics I've uploaded in my relatively short time here, I'd almost feel guilty that $10 is too much of a bargain! Whatever Kevin decides to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Tim Courtney
   Hi Brian - (...) Yup. (...) I'm not *that* loyal. If Kevin makes decisions about BrickShelf which severely devalue the service for me (such as inclusion of advertisements) without soliciting the opinion of the community and providing an ad-free (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Seriously? I mean, you thought the ads earlier this year for stuff like BrickFest(sm) and Milton Train Works(tm) were so bad that Brickshelf lost a "tremendous amount of value" for you?? (...) Unless it's getting free bandwidth it will sooner (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Tim Courtney
     (...) Well, yes and no there. I'm definitely in favor of both BrickFest(sm) and Milton Train Works(tm), so those I didn't mind so much (they still got filtered through WebWasher). I guess what alarmed me was Kevin's statement in this post about (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Adrian Drake
   (...) Ditto. Though if the cost is high enough, I'd just bump up my pair.com account level to compensate for the extra hard drive space I'd need there and quit using brickshelf. (...) I understand the issue, but ads are pretty easy to ignore. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Alfred Speredelozzi
   Well, I think this gets to the point of where Brickshelf is in danger. The biggest value to me is in the "network externalities" of the site. This is the site where practically _all_ Lego images are found. Even people with sites elsewhere use (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately? —Bruce Hietbrink
   (...) Not completely true. There are other, albeit smaller, galleries, like 1000steine.de and the fbtb.net customs page. There are also major Lego builders who don't post to Brickshelf--for instance, I don't think that Eric Harshberger posts there. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)