 General / 39527
  New poll

Wassssup Everyone, I made my first poll so far, go check it out. (URL) yes or no answer, so go ahead and reply. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

Though I will get membership soon, I haven't yet so I'll answer here. YES!!! I sent an idea for WildWest two years before its debuet. I very strongly think that Lego took advatage of the kids (me included) who sent this idea to them. However, to now (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

Thanks for the response. I got ticked b/c I sent them a letter recommending the sports line back in 97 or 98, they said they could not take my suggestion. Now, they have a what should be thriving sports line and I think you can see my point. Don't (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) I'm not an official Lugnet member yet, so I can't vote. I sent a suggestion a couple years back asking for the pirate line to be re-introduced, which it has (of sorts). I certainly don't think Lego 'stole' my idea or anyone else's for that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) You think that's bad... back in 1977 (or it might have been 1978), I built an X-Wing, a Y-Wing, two types of Tie Fighter (and there were only two types back in those days) and a landspeeder of of LEGO. Just over twenty years later, LEGO did (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) Make up your mind, you yell "Yes" and then qualify it by saying, "okay, but not really." Personally, I'd count that as a big "No". -->Bruce<-- (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) Really? I read it as "Yes, but I understand why". Or "Maybe" (IE yes they used my idea, but I'm not sure if it was because of *me* or not, it may have been someone else or an internally generated decision). I didn't see "No" in it at all. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) :-) Don't forget that LEGO had 'cowboy & indian' type sets in the 70's too - both in maxifig and proto-minifig scales. Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

Yeah! LegoDirect will never pay intellectual roalties to all the all the people who screamed for extra bulk packs but lots of people suggested it and they took the suggestion! Jeremy (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

YES, YOU SEE MY POINT!!! (there I go yelling again. :-P ) Um well what I said was "Yes they took my suggestion but yes they'll never admit it for legal reasons." Pretty much I was saying that Lego makes what they can sell. I, and many others, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) And I built a skatepark in '96 and made skateboards out of the 2x2 plates with wheels under them. Lego has just ripped us all off!!! :-) :-) :-) Jeremy - (again) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

In response to this whole thread: TLC has claimed in the past that it takes several years to develop a new theme idea, create pieces and sets, and do market research before they release a new theme. It could be pure coincidence that some kids (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) Can you prove that you were the first and/or only person who suggested it? You do understand that even if you were, you'd have no legal recourse even if they admited such (well, you could try but it would fail). There is nothing patentable, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) My apologies if I wasn't clear: as in *I* wouldn't count his scenario as a yes, regardless of Jeremy's opinion (see my reply to Jeremy). Bruce (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) I guess it depends on what you thought the question was. If the question was "Did you give Lego an idea that they SHOULD have credited you with?" then I agree with you 100%. However, the question was "Do you feel the TLC has ever taken an idea (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

Makes you think that they have cameras watching our every move, wouldn't you say? : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) It's a conspiracy I tell ya'. There's hidden cameras everywhere! : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

(...) No doubt it's a good thing, it's just something to talk and joke about. It is also impossible to hold intellectual copyright, but, it can always be fun to pretend you made the idea up. Sometimes it'll be enough to convince yourself to make (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New poll

Just to clarify, the question didn't mean an idea used because other people said to, but because *you* feel that you submitted an idea, and had it taken after being told that they couldn't use it. Or simply, if Lego used your idea specifically due (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)