 General / 38661
Re: Contest at NWBrickCon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:16:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events, Mark Neumann writes:
I wanted to announce a contest that will be happening for the participants
of NWBrickCon.

Our very talented Wayne Hussey of PNLTC and SEALUG has created one of our
centerpieces for the event.  It is a minifig scale Issaquah class Washington
State Ferry boat.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/your_wsf/our_fleet/index.cfm?vessel_id=36

Thanks for the post, Mark.

This link is to an Issaquah 100 class (actually the only one in the fleet).
The model I have built is of the Issaquah 130 class (five in the fleet)
shown here:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/your_wsf/our_fleet/index.cfm?vessel_id=33

Here is a low-res pic of the model nearing completion:

Enjoy,

Wayne

The contest is a guess the number of peices game.  Whomever gets the closest
guess to the correct number of brick used to create the ship wins a UCS Yoda.

What can I tell you?  Not much except that it is very big and very detailed.
Wayne however has allowed me to tell you this:

Wayne's Offical Clues

More than 15,000 bricks
Less than 60,000 bricks

The brick count includes:
    *The boat itself
    *The stand
    *The sign for the boat

The brick count DOES NOT include:
    *The cars on the ferry
    *Minifigs

Sorry, I don't have any pics of the boat for you.  You all will just have to
come out to the Con to check it out!

Mark Neumann