 General / 38571
Re: lego needs to release more lighting bricks in normal sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:07:28 GMT

Yes, I agree.  You can get the light bricks (a 1x2 white brick with 9V
studs/receptacles and a white bulb) from Shop at Home, or in many of
the train sets.  But other than that, I don't know any way to get
them.

--Bill.

"Adam Angle" <eventine21@hotmail.com> writes:
I am dissapointed in the Lego company for a number of reasons lately. But
one reason that really gets me miffed is that the lighting bricks that have
been released for the past several years have been these gigantic rocket, or
lazer looking pieces of crap that aren't so easily integrated into different
modules. I miss the lighting bricks of half a decade ago, ones that were
easily interlockable with other bricks, and could nicely light up a room in
some lego house. The 4.5 and 12 volt versions from the early 80s were even
better, and did well to illuminate their surroundings. I do like the
lighting bricks from the mindstorm sets, but then, they are only coming in
perhaps a few styles, and when one is not too interested in the Mindstorm
sets or prices, they become pointless. I recall when, not too long ago, many
sets came as light and sounds models, and these lights were wonderfull. The
X-1 starship was simply stupendous when it came to this, and I still
actively look for a used set at a reasonable price.

I suppose my point is, that I do hope Lego decides to make fun sets like
that again sometime. Maybe they could bring one back in a new town police
car, or ambulance. Maybe even a new space set, once the starwars contract
runs it's course.
I'm blabbering. I just wanted to know what other people thought about this.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin