 General / 37435
Re: can anyone ifdentify this set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 04:44:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
The set in question is shown in the current toyworld (local toy store)
catalog that arrived in my letterbox today.
Its in what looks like a black plastic case of some kind with a handle and
a red lego logo on the side. Its listed in the catalog as "basic". Appears
to have some townjr type car parts (printed headlamps, 2x4 with pins for
wheels, clear windscreen)
The toyworld person said that it was set 4249 which doesnt show up in
either lugnet guide or brickset guide. Anyone have more info on this set
and, more importantly know what parts you get in it? At 50% off, if might
be a bargain if you get usefull parts in it.

Yep... I have that set :)  what price does it say in the cat?  I bought mine
for $24.95AUD but then went to another store and found it for $19.95... in
the end I got it for $19.95 ;)

I have taken everything out of it... and right now I'm at work... when I get
home if there is anything I can tell you, I will :) - its worth the price
since you get a case to carry too ;) and you may need that, just in case,
but it's pretty basic :P

Thanks... Mel