 General / 37365
Re: Parts Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:05:00 GMT

"Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> writes:

male-male plates

These are probably difficult to mold.  If you look on the backside of
a plate, you will see that there is a small cavity behind the stud.
This is to avoid large portions of molded material at one place, as I
understand it.  I think the structure is more solid when the "walls"
are of a consistent width.  When there are two studs facing each other
with the "male" part outwards, there will be a fair lump of ABS in one
spot.

One solution is to make the studs hollow, though, like in the 1x1
plates with side loop.  That's probably a feasible solution.

Fredrik