 General / 37072
37071  |  37073
Subject:
mystery numberless set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 22:09:10 GMT

Has anyone encountered sets without numbers?  I found this at a yard sale (and
no, I didn't pay $10 as seen on the price tag - I paid $5):

There is no trace of a set number on it.  Maybe this is how Samsonite got rid
of leftover stock here in Canada before shutting down.

I find the wheels particularly interesting:

When I was a kid, I had wheels with metal axles that fit into axleholes in
black bricks.  These are plastic axles (which slide right out of the wheel)
and the black brick is different.

Jeff J