 General / 36768
    Re: LEGO stops DUPLO - PRESS RELEASE —Deidre Rushton Brumby
   (...) The press release has just appeared at lego.com, Duplo name is going but apparently the bricks themselves will remain: May 14 2002 LEGO DUPLO brand disappears - but bricks live on One of the fundamental changes in connection with the LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

        Re: LEGO stops DUPLO - PRESS RELEASE —Bryan Kinkel
   Deidre, Thanks for posting the press release... I will be interested to see what Lego brings to the table in June. I wonder if Lego feels having sub-brands, such as Duplo, Primo, System, etc. dilutes the message and power of the main "LEGO" brand? (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)