 General / 36763
Re: New Airplane Engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 09:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen writes:
I just acquired a small new Jack Stone box, and it included a poster with
the upcoming sets in 2002 (sorry, I have no scanning equipment). The new
Jack Stone theme is air, with the most ugly airplanes I have ever seen
(painted windows - even Duplo has real windows in airplanes!).
I seem to remember there was a small discussion about this a couple months
back.  Hang on a mo'...

**scrounges round old Lugnet posts**

Yup, here are some pics:
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/lego_js.shtml

I still swear that last one is an awac.  The Sopwith Camel was just the thin
end of the wedge! :P

It might be
hard to believe, but Jack Stone is getting worse!!!. BUT there are 2
interesting things: new (bigger) engines, looking like the big vents in
Aliens, and new, more realistic looking helicopter rotorblades.
I admire your positive outlook :)

Sorry, I post to General, as there's no Jack Stone newsgroup (and yes, I
have bought a few Jack Stone sets - I want to build the sets before I can
say that I hate them).
Beware!  Jack Stone, Galidor, ... These things lead to the dark side of the
brick.  Once you head down that path, forever will it dominate your destiny! :)

Seeyalater
Michael Dallaston