 General / 36757
    Re: LEGO stops DUPLO —Bryan Kinkel
   Can anyone else confirm this story? My 19 month old daughter loves her Duplo bricks. She often gets frustrated with other toys and figures because they don't fit together! I can't imagine Lego dropping Duplo for another "system" of toys for (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

        Re: LEGO stops DUPLO - PRESS RELEASE —Deidre Rushton Brumby
   (...) The press release has just appeared at lego.com, Duplo name is going but apparently the bricks themselves will remain: May 14 2002 LEGO DUPLO brand disappears - but bricks live on One of the fundamental changes in connection with the LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

        Re: LEGO stops DUPLO - PRESS RELEASE —Bryan Kinkel
   Deidre, Thanks for posting the press release... I will be interested to see what Lego brings to the table in June. I wonder if Lego feels having sub-brands, such as Duplo, Primo, System, etc. dilutes the message and power of the main "LEGO" brand? (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)