 General / 36655
New Lego theme: Island Extreme (stunts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:55:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello everyone,

I just returned from the Lego Store at the Mall Of America (in Minnesota)
and was delighted to find that there is a new theme of sets available for
purchase.  The boxes the sets are in depict the theme as 'Island Extreme'
and feature several models based on extreme sports such as skateboarding.
The set I bought was #6738 and is a skate park - think Lego "Tony Hawk":
each mini-figure comes with his/her own skateboard!

I apologize as I don't have a way to scan pictures, but these sets are some
of the most promising I've seen from the Lego Group this year.  Another
happy trend to note:  there are a fair amount of pieces (juniorization is
not present in the set I bought) and mini-figures in the kits!!!  Other sets
available include a stunt plane, high speed boat and water jet ski, and a
decent looking truck with daredevil cyclists (although I'm sad to say that
the cycles are the three wheel kind, not the traditional motorbikes from
years back).

The sets look good and I am thrilled to have a "skate park" to add to my
Lego town.  I will try to scan pictures ASAP.

Regards,

Michael