 General / 36390
36389  |  36391
Subject:
Three Lego Paintings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 19:14:35 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everybody,

I just got finished doing a round of exhibition for the illustration
scholarship competition at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.  Out of
the dozen paintings I put up, three were Lego-related, so I thought I'd scan
them and upload them to brickshelf:

The first is "The Deadly Spaceman" who's decorated the BrikWars homepage for
the last couple of months.  The medium is oil and acrylic on illustration board:

The second is "The Mysterious Power of Milk," which was a screwball idea
inspired by some color text at the end of chapter 2 of BrikWars 2002.  The
medium is acrylic and colored pencil on illustration board:

The third is "Triumph of the Timmies" or "How to Destroy Civilization,"
which hopefully requires no further explanation.  The medium is acrylic on
illustration board:

I won't find out if I took any prizes until the jury results are released
next week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

- Mike.