 General / 36384
Re: Aluminum 2x4 bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:48:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
[Please set the follow-up to the appropriate group]

I'm currently taking a CNC class at school, so for a little side project I
machined a couple 2x4 bricks out of aluminum on the EMCO PC 50 machines we
have.  Since I wanted to use a 1/8" flat end mill only, I had to make a few
changes to the design, most notably in the tubes, but the design remains
functionally the same.  The other option to the partial tubes would be
connections between the tubes.  Which do you think would look better?
Here are some pics:

Well, you already know that I would prefer the tubes connected as long as it
didn't effect functionality. :D

<snip>

Anyway, I can probably make more of these if people are interested.  How much
would you pay for an aluminum brick?  A brass brick?  A brass or aluminum brick
with a keyring?

I'd prefer it was around $5, but I'd certainly pay as much as $20 per brick.

Aluminum, brass, gold plated ;), Anodized aluminum! A red or blue metal
brick would rule!

---SteveR - Space.