 General / 36090
Re: was: opinions sought on selling a mass amount of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:43:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes:
In lugnet.market.appraisal, Adam Murtha writes:
No!  So that means you're leaving the Subterfugitives story to die!
Noooooooooooooooooo......oooooo!

since this thread isn't about appraisal, I'm moving it to a more appropriate
place.

nah... I couldn't end it now, I've been working on it on and off for years
now and I'm just getting warmed up  :)

That's one of the projects I want to devote more time to, I always intended
it to be done like a traditional graphic novel, and I need to start taking
it in that direction.  I did find the Lego work very helpful, but I can't do
most of the rest of the story that way; I don't have the ability to build
whole alien civilizations just for one chapter for example.  Its far easier
to draw that kind of stuff than to make it.  Granted, I have a lot of little
micro-scale sets that I have made to help frame the scenes, but they would
never work as backgrounds for mini-figs.

I was always unhappy that I couldn't capture the poses I wanted, and the
aliens in the Lego version look nothing like the intended designs.  Besides,
I got so many complaints about the size of the graphics being too big and
slow to load that it is clear to me that the web isn't quite the medium for
it  :)

later!
Joel

Well, I'll just comment that I have enjoyed clicking through each and every
picture of the Subterfugitives story and would love to see it continue!

-mark