 General / 35843
Re: Keyboards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:39:31 GMT

Check out this link. You can view the keyboard layouts for mant different
languages.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/keyboards.asp

The whole site is really great if you're doing any multilingual or
multinational programming.

-- mrgraff

In lugnet.general, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.trains, Pedro Silva writes:
and a little PS: check the keyboard, there is something wrong with the
"y's"... :-P

Bet you a dollar he's typing on a non german keyboard and is a touch typist.
German keyboards have the Y and Z transposed from English/American ones and
if you don't remember that you tend to transpose. I know I did when I was
using them during my european travels.

Aha!...
Apparently, not only the German. I can now see why sometimes my own keyboard
starts writing some "peculiar" characters. I knew there had to be a rational
explanation!
Is there a different convention for each country? I understand that there
used to be a Portuguese Standard keyboard for typwriters, but it has long
been forgotten. Do keyboards work like that for computers either?

Color me jealous.

And me... <Sigh!>

Pedro
(please cross post if appropriate, I did not know where to set the FUT...)