 General / 35809
35808  |  35810
Subject:
Non-LUGNET lego clubs [was: Re: Lego club for kids mentioned in Tucson, AZ newspaper]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:48:34 GMT

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> writes:
Here's the link:

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/sat/20223wildaboutlegos.html

I'm moving this to lugnet.general, because to me this raises a new
issue.  Here we have a club for LEGO fans (KFOL's, mostly, it appears)
that presumably doesn't know about LUGNET.  What should we do about
it?  It seems like a good idea to somehow help them get "connected" to
the worldwide network of LEGO clubs online, but on the other hand it
would not be a good idea to be seen as interfering or imposing our
ways on them.

Has this happened before?  This is the first time that I know of since
I've been aware of LUGNET that a LEGO users group is found to exist
without being involved in LUGNET.  Have any of the LUG's around the
world joined LUGNET after already existing in isolation?

And finally, any AFOLs in Tucson?  If so, do you want to try to make
contact with these people?

--Bill.